Construction on Fort Picken began 1829, and it was completed in 1834.
From NPS Fort Pickens National Park Guide book:
"8. Generator Room. The concrete on the floor is evidence of the power station installed here in 1903. Gas-powered generators provided electricity for searchlights and other modern equipment."
August 15th, 2014
Viewed 493 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 02/04/2023 at 6:29 PM